'Spectacle with red ball'
This lively image came about when I left my etching plates on the London underground. This loss gave way to experimenting with another form of printmaking, monoprinting. Inspired by Picasso's early 19th century works this monoprint was made during my ‘circus period’. It was made by painting directly onto a metal plate and hand printed using a printing press. Enjoy her balancing act as the chine collé ball gives life and movement to the image.
(Chine is the French word for China, referring to the fact that the thin paper originally used with this technique was imported from China. Collé is the French word for "glued.")
Featured in the 2019 Visual Arts Summer exhibition at Camberwell College of Art.
- Hand printed using a press
- Printed on natural Hahnemühle paper with chine collé (Japanese tissue paper), 300gsm
- 365 mm x 450 mm
- Arrives signed, unframed (bespoke hand-finished wooden white frame upon inquiry)
- Royal Mail Signed For, 1st Class
- Delivery up to 5 working days
Europe & Rest of World
- Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed
- Delivered in 7-14 working days
Please note: Customers outside of the UK may be liable for any import duties and/or custom fees.